Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sand and Sea Blog Hop Soup!

I can't believe it's almost New Year's Day! The entire month of December FLEW right past. We had a wonderful Christmas although we missed our dear friend, Leslie, very much. She wasn't able to make it in for the holidays this year but we are hoping she can come next year for sure!

I am so excited! I received my bead soup kit for Lisa Lodge's "My Bead Table Blog Hop ~ Sand and Sea".  I am SO thankful for the GORGEOUS kit she sent me. I was secretly hoping to get a "Sea" themed kit instead of a "Sand" themed kit and I was not disappointed.

I've never done a bead soup type of challenge until this past November when I did a Humble Beads bead soup blog hop. When the opportunity arose to take part in Lisa's blog hop I jumped at the chance.

I wanted to share my kit with you so you can see the before and after and see what I do with everything. I am really going to try to stretch my creative muscle this time. I tend to play it safe and work up very symmetrical jewelry. This time I want to try to break out of the box and see what happens.

This first photo shows our studio mascatt, Waldo. He's about 8 months old and he is the official reason I know longer get as much done. LOL. He likes to lay in the middle of my work or to steal my beads. The Second photo shows a close up of the wonderful 'soup' that Lisa sent. Finally, the last photo shows my anal retentive side, I had to sort out the beads by type so I could start to think about how to design with these treasures.




I have until March 9th to work up my pieces so I am going to play around with these beads for a bit before I commit to a finished piece. Right now I am thinking about a multiple strand bracelet but I may change my mind.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that soup mix!
    My favorite colors and my very favorite theme.
    I can hardly wait to see your sea creation!!!!

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year,
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ellen! I hope you have a great New Year!

      Delete
  2. stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete