Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Little Day of the Dead Project!

I had a great time with this project. It was pretty involved and by far, the hardest project I've attempted so far in my metalsmithing journey. These little Day of the Dead pendants involved cutting with shears and with a jeweler's saw, filing, stamping, sweat soldering, more filing and cutting, more soldering and then finally, antiquing the sterling and polishing. These little skulls are from a project from Joe Silvera's book, Soldering Made Simple.  His directions are easy to follow and I feel like I've learned a good bit from this project. I am still working my pieces too hot, bordering on fusing them instead of soldering, but I am starting to get the hang of most of the techniques. I was pleased with my results so I put these up for sale in my Etsy shop, you can find them here...

No comments:

Post a Comment