Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Techniques!

About a month ago I invested in an embossing machine. I've been using it to create some new jewelry using Vintaj brass disks and then colorizing the metal with patinas from Vintaj and from Lisa Liddy's Color Me This line. Every project has been a joy and I am totally in love with the technique. Embossing is so easy to do and the results are stunning! I encourage everyone to try out the technique!

Here are a few pieces that I've made recently with these techniques.











All of these pieces are available in our Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/thepinkmartini

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    I just stumbled across your blog and I love the embossing! I've been wanting to try this and you've inspired me. Could you tell me the name of the embossing equipment you purchased?? Because I'm clueless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valeria!

      I got the Sizzix Big Kick. I had a coupon from Michael's and bought it there. They also have them at Hobby Lobby. You can use any of the embossing folders with the Sizzix.

      Delete